Pivoting from sprint to scale
Through strategy, marketing and digital lead growth.
200% revenue growth
35% lift in audience size
150 hours of efficiencies made
- BodyRescue is a digital fitness and wellness start-up, evolved from a real-world business delivering a range of fitness services including classes, personal training and nutrition.
- With an impactful high-quality product, the Founder Gavin wanted to build a scalable business with a much wider global reach.
- Services by their nature are not scalable, you are exchanging your time, or that of your team, for money.
- Building a global business in services therefore requires building a team fast, with processes to deliver consistent high quality services, and working centrally to actively manage customers.
- This required thoughtful change - innovating by bringing different models to market, and finding customers in a whole new way - especially online.
- To deliver the change in strategy, Gavin brought in a COO on-tap from The Growth Works. Bringing a breadth of experience from a range of sectors, the team was able to quickly shape the new products, build test groups and develop the commercial proposition and action plan.
- Looking at successes in similar industries of turning paid-for coaching into an online education business - Body Rescue and The Growth Works worked to develop a series of trend-relevant online courses.
- Alongside a COO on-tap, Gavin was able to build a series of simple processes and partners to bring these programmes to market.
- With a focus on Digital Marketing, the team unlocked the power of Facebook and content marketing to drive clicks and engagements.
- These efforts were supported with a focused content strategy to increase authentic engagement.
- Using data to closely monitor conversion in every market for each product, The Growth Works and the Body Rescue team were able to increase sales by 200% over the course of 6 months.
Benefit & Results
- 200% revenue growth.
- 35% lift in audience size customer base - by unlocking an agile approach to new tools across Facebook.
- Grew customer base from 3,000 to 20,000+ through moving from a service to an online fitness platform model.
4 new markets added in 4 months
Double monthly qualified leads while halving cost of acquisition
Improve customer retention by 50%
- Responding to a surge in airbnb and short lets, Rocco and Edo, Sweetguest co-founders, recognised an opportunity for professionally managed homes for domestic and international travellers.
- The space is increasingly competitive internationally, with well funded competition.
- As first time founders, the Sweetguest leadership team recognised that to deliver an ambitious growth plan to be Italy’s leading property management business, they’d need experienced support.
- With focus on fundraising and strategy, they’d fallen into a few common traps - teams were siloed and placing blame on others, the pace of innovation had slowed, and customers were starting to suffer.
- By plugging james into the business for a week, they were able to:
- Do a full business review and were provided with a Commercial Leader on-tap.
- Understand the dependencies between teams and highlight areas of reliance.
- Improve customer experience with a focus on retention.
- Fast - finished week 1 with clear action plans.
- Resourced - very clear what teams needed to be built, and where to start.
- Data - helped the business unlock its data - across marketing, commercial and ops - with clear metrics by team, and focus on outcomes.
- Grew customer base - leap forward in productivity of the acquisition funnel - through being focused on performance and returns by channel, with light touch monitoring.
- Accelerated growth levels - launched 4 new cities after The Growth Works designing an opex-light operating model.
- Accountability - enabled functional leads to step up in terms of action planning and scaling.
Grow revenues by 25% a year
Pivot to 12x innovation cycles a year
Launch 5 cities in 5 months
- 8-year-old bootstrapped start-up, delivering premium authentic food tours across 8 European cities.
- Strong social and marketing DNA - 80% of revenues from direct channels.
- Slow to adapt to key disruptions in the industry - rise of new platforms for travel inspiration, curation and experience (get your guide, culture trip, Airbnb).
- Internal tensions around priorities and path forward.
- Stronger competitors emerging and outpaced growth in new cities and key customer segments.
- Strategic review - landscape, customer, capabilities, team, distribution, tech.
- Customer experience and differentiation deep dive - what does a great experience look like, what are customers looking for, and how is this evolving.
- Innovation - create a monthly innovation cycle, championed by CEO with small working team, but involving input from the whole business.
- Culture and change - led a kick off, engagement in the journey to evolve all roles to focus on key metrics around growth, customer engagement.
Benefit & Results
- Grow revenues by 25% a year.
- Pivot to 12x innovation cycles a year.
- Launched 5 cities in 5 months.
500% increase in customer base
- LMRE is a tech-enabled Recruitment solutions business, developing a leading reputation with a ruthless focus on a proptech specialism. They make life easier for customers with ‘easy to work with’ principles helping clients simplify and automate engagement and the recruitment funnel. Their strategy is to build a close relationship to HR and hiring managers, making them an easy and seamless choice when it comes to supporting team growth.
- Established executive search players are grounded in the past - typically focus on functional roles - like finance, technology, strategy, commercial, or a very broad sector - such as consumer & retail, TMT. By trying to appeal to everyone, positioning is inevitably generic and unappealing.
- Secondly, the sector has an image challenge - endless voicemails trying to arrange meetings, and email attachments full of CVs that take time to sift through and comment on.
- Carve out his specialism - active social and content strategy, supported by industry events.
- Simplify customer engagement - reduce recruiting process friction by automating and using widely available digital tools, recognising the needs and priorities of clients.
Benefit & Results
- 500% increase in customer base - mix of inbound and outbound calls, supported by strong industry and online presence.
- 100% retained customers and growing repeat business - by proving a simpler model works.
- Maintained premium pricing - avoiding the highly competitive mainstream recruitment space fighting for business through discounts.
- Solid investor and board approval - funding to expand team and launch US office.